Cajun Classic Chili
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 2 1/2 tbsps Cajun seasoning
- 1 14.5oz can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 Links of andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 14oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups Diced onion
- 2 tbsps Tomato paste
- Fresh parsley (for garnish)
- 1 tbsp Minced fresh garlic
- Sour cream, or Greek yogurt for garnish (optional)
- 1 1/2 tbsps Olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup Diced celery
- 1 lb Ground chicken or turkey
- 1 15oz can red kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 7 ozs Raw shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 Green pepper, diced
1. Turn your Instant Pot to sauté and heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
2. Once hot, add in the green pepper, onion, celery and garlic and cook until they begin to soften, about 4 minutes.
3. Add in the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil, as well as the chicken. Cook, breaking up the chicken, until it is no longer pink and has released all its juices. (about 2-3 minutes.) Drain out the liquid and discard it.
4. Add in the sausage and Cajun seasoning and cook, stirring frequently, until the sausage begins to brown, about 5 minutes.
5. Add all the ingredients, up to the shrimp, and stir until well mixed.
6. Cover the Instant Pot (making sure it’s set to ‘sealing’) and press manual. Cook it on high pressure for 10 minutes (this should be the setting it automatically goes to once you press ‘manual.’)
7. Once cooked, let it pressure release naturally.
8. Remove the lid and turn the Instant Pot to sauté. Add in the shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are opaque and the chili has reduced and thickened slightly, about 5-7 minutes.
9. Garnish with parsley
10. Pour a generous glass of room temperature Free State Cellars Tempranillo wine to pair with your meal and ENJOY.