WREATH WORKSHOP WITH FREY'S FLORALS
|Date:||Sat, Nov 18, 2023|
|Time||11:00 AM to 1:00 PM|
|Venue:||Free State Cellars Winery & Vineyard|
Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
Get ready to deck the halls and spread holiday cheer with our HOLIDAY WREATH MAKING WORKSHOP, MIMOSAS, AND BRUNCH! This creative and hands-on experience is perfect for all you jingle ladies looking to add a personalized touch to their holiday décor or to just hang out with friends and enjoy a mistle-toast to the holidays. Whether you’re a seasoned DIY enthusiast or a complete beginner, this workshop will teach you the art of crafting a beautiful holiday wreath from scratch.
What You’ll Do:
Break the ice with breakfast mimosas and a holiday brunch from the Free State Kitchens to get you in the holiday spirit! But there’s myrrh…we provide all your wreath-making materials and the fabulous team from Frey’s Floral team will help you craft your one-of-a-kind, wine-barrel ring wreath!
What You’ll Learn:
1. Wreath Basics: We’ll start with the fundamentals, covering different types of wreath bases, materials, and tools. You’ll learn how to choose the right base for your design and understand the various wreath styles. We will be working with authentic wine barrel rings from Free State Cellars in our workshop!
2. Design Principles: Discover the principles of wreath design, including color schemes, balance,
and focal points. We’ll explore different themes and styles to help you create wreaths that reflect your unique holiday vision.
3. Material Selection: Learn how to select the best fresh and artificial materials for your wreath, including tons of fresh local greens, dried elements, ornaments, ribbons, and more. We’ll provide tips for sourcing quality materials and discuss sustainability options.
4. Wiring and Securing: Master the art of wiring and securing your chosen materials to the wreath base. You’ll gain hands-on experience in creating a study structure that will stand up to the elements.
5. Decorative Techniques: Get creative with a variety of decorative techniques, such as bow making, ornament placement, and adding unique embellishments.
6. Maintenance and Longevity: Discover how to care for your wreaths to ensure that last throughout the holiday season.
7. Customization: This workshop is all about personalization! You’ll have the opportunity to choose from an array of materials, colors, and themes to create a wreath that matches your holiday décor perfectly.
8. Troubleshooting: We’ll address common wreath-making challenges and provide solutions to help you overcome them. At the end of our Holiday Wreath Making Workshop, you’ll not only have a beautiful holiday wreath to take home but also the confidence and expertise to craft wreaths for future celebrations. Join us for a fun and festive experience that will leave your home looking Merry and Bright all season long!
All levels of experience and ages welcome. All supplies provided; creativity encouraged.
***TICKETS ARE TRANSFERABLE BUT NOT REFUNDABLE. If you cannot make it for any reason, unfortunately due to the cost of materials and staffing, we cannot offer refunds. But you are welcome to give/sell your ticket to someone else. ***
ABOUT YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Sabrina Frey Gray has over 35 years of experience working in the floral design industry and a lifetime of experience planning and designing celebrations for family and friends.
Frey's Florals has created floral designs for hundreds of weddings, events, and corporate clients. From floral design to full event design, today Frey’s Florals aspires to create distinctive designs, providing personal attention to each client and to inspire others with endless opportunities to transform their environments into something beautiful.
MORE ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR